A few days ago, my professor sent me a video of doing some experiment on lab mice. He wanted to submit that
video to some research journal and it required the English subtitle as well. It was a work of just a few minutes but he was quite worried.
After adding permanent subtitles to the video, I decided to write a tutorial as well to help the other people as well.
Adding subtitles to the video requires a subtitle file known as STR file. It can be easily created in notepad and added to the video.
How to create a subtitle (.SRT) file?
Subtitle NumberSubtitle Beginning time –> Subtitle Ending timeText To Display
100:00:01,050 –> 00:00:02,050What are you doing?200:00:09,440 –> 00:00:12,222THIS IS NOT FAIR
What are you doing?for 1 second from 01,050 to 02,050 [1 second 50 milliseconds to 2 seconds 50 milliseconds]
THIS IS NOT FAIRfor around 3 seconds from 09,440 to 12,222
FF0000in the above is the HEX code for the red color. You can get all the color codes from here or any other website/tool.
100:00:01,050 –> 00:00:02,050<font color=”#FF0000″><b><i><u>What are you doing?</u></i></b></font>
In this short tutorial, we’ll show you a free and easy way to permanently add subtitles to a video file. We’re using a free software “Handbrake” for this purpose.
Add Permanent Subtitles to a Video
1. First of all, go to https://handbrake.fr/downloads.php and download Handbrake for your operating system and install It. We’re using Windows for this tutorial.
2. After Handbrake is installed. Run It and open your Video file.
3. Then in the Save As field, click on Browse and choose the location where you want to save your video after the subtitles are added.
4. Now go to Subtitles tab and click Import SRT. Choose your subtitle (.srt) file there.
5. Check in the Burn In checkbox and click Start Encode.
It’ll take a couple of seconds. Though this will vary depending upon your PC and video file size.
After It’s finished, your video will be present on the location which you chose in the 3rd step.
If you have any queries about adding permanent subtitles to your MP4 or other videos files, please feel free to ask. We will always be very happy to listen from you.
Leave a Reply