Does your mouth stink like garbage or rotten eggs?
Bad smell not only makes you feel embarrassed but make people go away from you. It’s inevitable after a drinking party or barbecue night.
Yes! it’s natural. But this doesn’t mean we can’t do anything for it. Our mouth is full of bad bacteria. They feed on the food we eat, mucus and the dead cells in our mouth.
59% of men and 70% of women said they won’t date with the partner has bad breath
This is the reason why only Americans spent billions of dollars on mouth freshers only. here are several home remedies for breath freshness. But if you are looking for any mouth freshener buy online then this buyer’s guide with top breath fresheners in 2019 is for you.
We handpicked each product very carefully and gathered the most honest reviews about them.
Best Mouth Freshener 2020
Mouth fresheners aren’t always loaded with good chemical compounds. But still, all of them look similar and work on the basic rule to rule out the bad smell. They may carry different fragrances as well. So, before buying a mouth freshener for yourself. It’s always better to do some homework on them. To save your time, we have collected 10 best mouth freshener for you.
Binaca Fast Blast Breath Spray – Editor’s Choice
After a protein or carbohydrate-rich diet, your mouth is always lingering with bad tastes and smelly breath, The root cause of this problem is the microbial growth in your mouth that needs to be killed.
These bacteria break down complex organic compounds into simpler ones so they can be utilized. If we can somehow kill that bad bacteria living in our mouth, we can control both the bad taste and foul smell.
- 6 Pieces
- Leaves your Mouth Feeling Cool and Refreshed
- Lasts for Approximately 150 Measured Sprays
- Convenient Size for Pocket of Purse
- Sugar-Free Spray
The active component of the Binaca Fast Blast Breath Spray is Peppermint which is a widely known herb for its antimicrobial activity. It will kill those foul smell producing bacteria and return the fresh breath of your mouth. The summary of its goods and bads is as follows.
|Convenient Size and Flip Flop cap for Portability||Contains Synthetic Compounds|
|300 Sprays per Bottle|
|Zero Calorie Per Spray|
Listerine Pocket Mist – Hang to your keychain
The active ingredient of Listerine Pocket Mist mouth freshener spray is Thymol which is extracted from plant T.vulgaris. This benzene derivative is famous for its strong antimicrobial activity. Thymol has now become the standard of a chemical compound being used in mouth fresheners.
- Another active ingredient of this product is the Polaxmer 407 which is used as the flavoring agent.
- Potassium Acesulfame is used as the sugar-substitute in this mouth freshener.
- With these amazing compounds, this product is among the available products in this category.
- No known side effects are reported in scientific studies of these chemicals.
- 7.7-milliliters of Listerine Pocketmist Cool Mint Oral Care...
- Convenient-sized oral spray can kill germs that cause bad...
- Get bad breath germ protection and fresh breath on the go...
- One 7.7 mL bottle of mist for bad breath provides you with...
- Discover fresh breath in one convenient step that kills bad...
Keep Listerine Pocketmist on your keychain, in your purse, at your desk. You never know when you’ll need a little refresh.
|Portability||140 sprays per bottle|
T-Spray Cosmetic Teeth and Breath Spray
Most of the ingredients found in this product are purely organic. A large variety of sodium compounds is among its key ingredients. These ingredients work in a quite long range. Sodium compounds are known for their antimicrobial as well as skin conditioning properties.
The menthol found in this product gives you fresh breath along with killing the bad germs producing the foul smell.
This product also works amazingly against the cavities caused by the streptococcus bacteria. This disease degenerates your teeth and makes them black. So if you want to protect your mouth against pathogens and foul smell. This is a very nice product for you.
- Material: this spray bottle is made of plastic, the...
- Multiple uses: these spray bottles have good storage and...
- Convenient to use: these empty spray bottles are...
- Package includes: there are 6 pieces fine spray bottles for...
- Suitable occasions: whether you're on vacation or heading to...
This product is sweetened with the Xylitol which is an artificial sweetener. It is less harmful to diabetic patients as compared to other sugars. This compound also contains fewer calories.
Polysorbate 80 found in this product has some clinical side effects. So it’s better to consult the doctor before using this product.
|Primarily Organic||Polysorbate 80|
|Contains Menthol||Propylene Glycol|
Dr.Brite Organic Mouth Freshner – Pure Organic Mouth Spray
Synthetic is not always the best thing to use. Some chemical compounds are well-known allergens such as Polysorbate 80 used in the above product. In that case, Herbal products are best to use due to their no known side effects.
Breath Refresher’s potent freshening power and long-lasting effect come from a blend of organically grown herbal extracts and essential oils. Original Peppermint flavor delivers a blast of cool freshness, while Spearmint’s crisp, clean mouthfeel is ideal for those who enjoy mints but want to take a walk on the milder side. Our newest flavor, Cinnamon, is a sharp-sweet-tangy experience to spice things up a bit.
- PREVENTS MOUTH DRYNESS: Our mouth spray relieves mouth...
- ELIMINATES BAD BREATH: Our compact mouth spray is the...
- MADE WITH ESSENTIAL OILS: Our calming blend of tea tree oil...
- CALMS SORE GUMS: Our ingredients help heal tender, sore gums...
- COMPACT AND EASY TO USE: Our small, yet compact bottle has a...
A verified buyer said, “I have a lot of sinus issues, which can sometimes lead to a sour/funky taste in the back of my throat no matter how many times I wash my teeth. I tried everything, to no avail, when a naturopath recommended this to me. To my surprise, it worked!! Without the sugary sweet, rapidly fading taste of mints and other breath sprays. This is powerful, palate-cleansing, and long-lasting–not to mention all natural for those of us concerned about such things. Even my dentist noticed the difference! Great confidence booster. I bought 6, keep one in each purse, my car, and my desk.”
|Pure Organic||Less Flavours|
|Handcrafted in Small Batches|
Biotene Mouth Spray – Gentle Mint
This product is more like a mouth moisturizer. Biotene Mouth Spray reduces the dryness of your mouth and gives you a fresh and long-lasting pleasant breath. Dry breath can be both of any disease or if you are less frequent in drinking water.
Mint being the active component of this product returns the fresh feeling of your mouth and keep your gums clean.
Xylitol is added to this product as an artificial sweetener that prevents tooth decay. So other ingredients are
- Purified water
- PEG-60 hydrogenated castor oil
- VP/VA Copolymer
- Sodium benzoate
- Xanthan gum
- Sodium saccharin
- Cetylpyridinium chloride
A verified reviewer said,
Hubby had oral cancer and after radiation needed something for dry-mouth. The doctors recommended the Biotene mouthwash which he uses regularly. He also really likes this mist bottle to take with him when he’s out during the day.
Oasis Mouth Moisturizing Spray
With the active ingredient Glycerin 35% prediluted, this mouth spray is perfect for the dry mouth. It gives the fresh breath up to two hours.
The formula of this spray is Alcohol-free so it is good for the Muslims as well. It has a balanced pH so that it may not disturb the probiotics and enzymes present in the saliva.
Oasis is from the makers of Sensodyne with the great formulation of cetylpyridinium chloride, crospovidone, flavor, methylparaben, PEG-60 hydrogenated castor oil, propylparaben, sodium benzoate, sodium saccharin, water, xanthan gum, xylitol.
- Moisturizing mouthspray
Dry mouth also called Xerostomia can be due to several reasons. In this condition, the salivary glands of the mouth fail to produce the saliva which is necessary to fight against several pathogens in the mouth. Dry mouth is sometimes due to the medications we are taking or symptoms of some diseases also. Ultimately it leads to bad breath.
|Balanced pH||No known Anti-bacterial|
|Excellent for Dry Mouth|
Gaia Herb Fresh Breath Spray
This one is a completely herbal product based on non-GMO ingredients. All the active and inactive ingredients of breath spray are herbs. This spray not only gives you better breath but also returns the healthiness of the mouth and gums. Some of its main ingredients and their benefits are as follows.
Licorice root is a herb that is native to the Mediterranean, southern and central Russia, and Asia Minor to Iran. Some people take licorice by mouth for a sore throat, bronchitis, cough, and infections caused by bacteria or viruses
Thyme is the richest source of Potassium and other important vitamins. Thyme promotes the healthy balance of microbes in the mouth.
Clover Flower Bud, Certain bioactive compounds have been isolated from clove extracts. Some of them include flavonoids, hexane, methylene chloride, ethanol, thymol, eugenol, and benzene.
- These biochemicals have been reported to possess various properties
- anti-inflammatory properties.
Mouth Kete Spray – Best Dry Mouth Cosmetic
Dry mouth condition starts with little discomfort and bad breath. But later on, it leads to more dangerous symptoms such as mouth blisters and ulcers.
This condition primarily occurs when the mouth glands fail to produce enough saliva. To get the comfort of the mouth, it is necessary to return the moisture. Allday mouth spray is among the best Mouth Spray Products available online.
- Long-lasting oral moisturizer with natural yerba santa;...
- Natural relief from dry mouth (xerostomia) and dry throat;...
- Oral moisturizer that creates a homogeneous layer in the...
This product contains 44% of the Xylitol which is good for preventing cavities. This mouth spray holds 25% of the moisture content which is far more than other available market products.
Alcohol-free with no artificial sweeteners makes this product good for usable by all the ethnic and religious groups.
|25% Moisture Content|
|No Artificial Sweeteners|
Therabreath Fresh Breath Spray
Sulfur compounds that easily vaporize were among the stinkiest chemicals Tonzetich identified in bad breath, especially hydrogen sulfide, which smells like rotten eggs, and methyl mercaptan, smelling like rotten cabbage.
These smelly compounds are waste products released by the millions of bacteria feasting on particles of food and tissue in our mouth. Above the gum line, gram-positive species, which have relatively simple cell walls, dominate dental plaque—the living film of bacteria coating teeth. Streptococcus mutants and other sugar-loving gram-positives spew acid and dissolve enamel but are not heavy producers of foul-smelling compounds.
- PERIODONTAL MOUTHWASH: Regular use of TheraBreath Healthy...
- FRESH MOUTH, HEALTHY GUMS: Attack bad breath at the source...
- PREMIUM ORAL CARE: Our solution-oriented line of...
- PROFESSIONAL-GRADE PRODUCTS: TheraBreath's line of...
- TRUSTED QUALITY: Started in 1994 by dentist Dr. Harold Katz,...
Therabreath Mouth spray primarily fights against these sulfur-producing bacteria assuring confidence. This Mouth spray also reduces the metallic and other bad tastes of the mouth.
|Fights Sulfur Producing Bacteria||Flavours|
|Primary Natural Compounds|
|Fights Bad teeth|
EO Breath Spray – Organic Mouth Spray
EO breath spray is last on the list but still very effective product. It is completely organic with no synthetic compounds. EO Breath Spray gives you a fresh breath up to hours. Active ingredients are Organic Ethanol, Purified Water, Organic Glycerin, Organic Agave Extract, Organic Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Oil, Organic All Spice Flavor Extract, Organic Menthol, Organic Syzygium Aromaticum (Clove) Bud Oil.
- Contains (12) 0.33 Oz Bottles
- A stimulating aromatherapy blend of peppermint, clove,...
- This organic breath spray formula features just three...
- No parabens, no phthalates, no artificial flavors or...
- Certified organic, vegan and cruelty free, GMO free, gluten...
- Organic Menthol and mint in this product fight the foul smell in the mouth
- promote the freshness of mouth up to hours
- Glycerin content maintains the moisture of the mouth to fight dryness
Mouth Freshener Spray – Buyer’s Guide
To be honest, choosing the best mouth freshener isn’t difficult. You just to have to know the right ingredient you have to look for. Different ingredients in the mouth freshener behave differently. Sometimes few ingredients are known to carry the properties of allergens as well.
- Antimicrobial: Most of the Mouth fresheners have to fight against the germs and pathogens present inside the mouth. Different antimicrobial drugs or chemicals are added to it. Such as Thyme which promotes the balance of microbial growth in the mouth.
- Moisturizer: Insufficient production of saliva leads to dry mouth which helps bad bacteria to grow. To help mouth retain its moisture, glycerin is added to it. This will reduce the dryness and help to treat the symptoms that arose due to a lack of production of saliva.
- Flavor: Well yes, Mouth Freshener has to taste good and fresh. Menthol or Mint serves the purpose, usually added in pure form. Mint also is known to fight the germs. Menthol gives the cooling effects as well.
- Xylitol: Primarily this is an artificial sweetener but also serves the purpose of reducing cavities.
- Polysorbate 80: It is used as a solubilizing agent but known to cause nonimmunologic anaphylactoid reactions, study.
- Methylparaben: It is used as a preservative in mouth fresheners and commonly used in women cosmetics.
Your mouth freshener spray has to be clinically safe, effective and to some extent, with good taste. We have reviewed the 10 Best Mouth Freshener Spray of 2020 available online on the basis of reviews, their active and inactive ingredients, opinion from experts and past experiences of users. Each product is ranked according to it’s mentioned pros and cons.